מפרשי האוצר
חיפוש גוגל בפורום:

הרב אביגדור מילר

דיונים ועניינים בענייני השקפה, מצוות מתחדשות, ארץ ציון וירושלים.
השעיר החיי
הודעות: 563
הצטרף: ב' ינואר 25, 2016 9:56 pm

הרב אביגדור מילר

הודעהעל ידי השעיר החיי » ב' נובמבר 29, 2021 7:32 pm

Rav Avigdor Miller on Kever Rochel
Posted on October 17, 2021 by TorasAvigdor
print
Q:
Why does the Torah tell us about the petirah of Rochel and about where she’s buried in such detail?

A:
When Rochel passed away, it was a tragedy. So that itself is noteworthy. However, there’s much more than that. I’m going to tell you just one little prat that we learn from the story of Rochel.

It says היא מצבת קבורת רחל עד היום – that’s the monument of Rochel’s kever till this day. It states in Sefer Shmuel that men met someone at the grave of Rochel. Now, from the time that Rochel passed away until the Sefer Shmuel was very many years, hundreds of years; but the grave of Rochel was still known. Kever Rochel was still there – it was still known. And in the times of the chachomim, of the mishna, the kever of Rochel was still known. And in the 16th century there was a traveler who said he visited the grave of Rochel.

So it means the grave of Rochel is still standing. And if there was a grave of Rochel, there was a Rochel. It testifies there was a Rochel. And if there was a Rochel, there was a Yankev. And therefore, that grave testifies to the truth of the history of the Torah. That’s one of the testimonies.

That’s very important! Don’t underestimate it. Of course, you’re a frum Jew and you believe the chumash. There’s no harm, however, to know when you visit the Kever Rochel, it’s a monument that’s been standing there since Rochel passed away. And therefore everything in the Torah is just as real as the grave of Rochel. That’s one of the many purposes of telling this story.

There’s another purpose. The other purpose is this. You know when Yankev set forth from his home to find a wife in Padan Aram and he met Rochel at the well, immediately he knew, this is the one for him. He loved Rochel. And he didn’t intend at all to marry Leah. And Leah would have remained unmarried to him. It was only by accident of trickery that Leah became his wife.

But what was the end? The end was that Rochel passed away early and Leah was the one who was finally buried together with Yankev Avinu in Me’aras Hamachpeilah. It’s a remarkable story. She wasn’t the one he chose! Rochel was the one! And Rochel was left out and Leah was the one who lived long enough to be buried together with Yankev in Me’aras Hamachpeilah.

So when you visit Me’aras Hamachpeilah where the Avos are buried, Rochel is not there. To let us know that Hakadosh Baruch Hu knows what He’s doing. And even though you thought that she is the chosen one, Hashem said, “No. That’s why I had Leah brought into you by trickery because she’s the one.”

Why is she the one? Because Rochel’s children are represented among us in a very minor part. Binyamin. But Leah’s son Yehuda, that’s the Jewish nation. We’re Yehudim. We’re not Binyamin. We’re not called Shimonim. We’re not called anything else. We’re called Yehudim! And who gave the name Yehuda? Do you know who gave that name? Leah gave that name to her son. So Leah won out.

And why did Leah win out? Because Leah prayed harder. Rochel was the beloved one, so she was more confident. Leah was the less loved, so she prayed harder. She prayed much harder. She prayed and prayed and prayed and prayed. “Oh,” Hakadosh Baruch Hu said, “You’re thinking about Me all the time, then I’m thinking about you.” And that’s why Leah won out, because she was misgaber with her tefillos. The gemara says that.

So we see the one who prayed harder is the one who won out. And that’s why despite the fact that he had thought that Rochel would be his wife and she’d be the mother of the Klal Yisrael, it turned out just the opposite; Leah turned out to be the one who was buried with him and she’s the mother of Klal Yisrael.

TAPE # 992

בשופטים מסופר על קבר רחל ובשנת 1600 משהו מספר שראה את קבר רחל. אז 2600 שנה אחרי זה משהו ראה קבר שהחשיבו אותו כקבר רחל וזה מהווה ראיה למשהו או לזה שזה אותו דבר??
ואותו אחד שצריך ראיה לכך שרחל ויעקב אכן היו כנכתב בתורה ודאי לא יכול לבנות על זה שבשופטים כתוב משהו (שלא לדבר על זה שבשופטים כפשוטו מדבר על מיקום אחר לקבר כידוע) אז מה הראיה- סתם שלפני 400 שנה משהו קרה למצבה קבר רחל? ככה מוכחים שיש תורה מהשמים???

השעיר החיי

Re: הרב אביגדור מילר

הודעהעל ידי השעיר החיי » ב' נובמבר 29, 2021 7:42 pm

Rav Avigdor Miller on The Mabul: How The Animals Spread
Posted on October 10, 2021 by TorasAvigdor
print
Q:
How do we answer this question that some ask on the Torah: “If all the animals in the world today came out of the teivah, how did they spread to all the continents which are separated by water?”

A:
Now this question, don’t think it’s a question on us. It’s a question that the evolutionists are not able to answer themselves. They’re bothered by that question because they don’t say it happened by accident that a lion developed from nothing in Asia and that the same accident also happened separately on other continents. Such an accident like a lion couldn’t happen twice. They don’t say by accident there were birds with a certain plumage in North America and the same birds with the same plumage also accidentally arose in South America. No. So what happened? So they say that all of them at one time were in one place and that they began to spread.

Now the question is, how could they spread from one continent to another if the land masses are separated by oceans? So the scientists invented the following idea. And if they invented it, we could use it too. They said there were land bridges once. Once upon a time the continents touched each other.

Now that’s not too unusual because in the Bering Strait, in the north where Canada and Siberia come very close together, it’s only thirty miles in between them. And at that time, they claim, that there was a land bridge. Eventually it was swept away by the ocean and it became open water.

Now over this land bridge, they say – I’m saying what they say; we can’t be more frum than the apikorsim are – they say that Mankind came from wherever their original source was and they traveled over the land bridges. They didn’t spring up all over the world at once; they came to various places; they say that they came to China and then they went north to Russia and to Siberia and then they crossed over the Bering Strait. That’s why the Eskimos resemble the Japanese, the Mongolians. Because they came from Mongolia, across the Bering Strait.

And so we could say the same thing too. We could agree with them – why not? And also animals at that time came across.

So once upon a time, there were land bridges in a number of places. And these land bridges, the evolutionists must have, otherwise they cannot explain anything. It’s not we are saying that – they are saying that. And as I said before, we don’t have to be more frum than they are and therefore we also say, at the time when the teivah opened up and all the animals went out, the land bridges were there and they spread all over the earth. And eventually the land bridges disappeared.

TAPE # 942

Q:
After the mabul, who set up the ecology so that the penguins are in the South Pole and the cougars in North America and so on?

A:
And the answer is, after the mabul all the living things began to spread. And each one gravitated towards the climate that was most suited for him. And so those animals that preferred the temperate zones gravitated gradually to those areas; not in one week, but over time they migrated towards those zones.

And you can ask the same question: How did they come from the temperate zones or from cold zones to the teivah? How did they all come?

So you must say that they all concentrated into the place where the teivah was because Hakodosh Boruch Hu put into them a certain migration spirit. Like you see there is in birds a spirit of migration that they can travel sometimes two thousand miles or more unerringly and they go from their nests to the place where they nested last year.

Now how the birds do that, that’s a different question. That’s still being debated and nobody has solved that problem fully but it’s a fact that it happens that way. And Hakodosh Boruch Hu put that certain instinct into the animals at that time; they were given a certain homing instinct that brought them there.

And when the mabul was over, they were given an instinct to go back to their natural habitats.

TAPE # 215

1. הבעיה שהאפיקורסים לא אומרים שהיה גשר יבשה לכל היבשות לפני 4000 שנה..
2. איך החיות מהקוטב שרדו בחום שלנו?

השעיר החיי

הודעהעל ידי השעיר החיי » ב' נובמבר 29, 2021 7:48 pm

Rav Avigdor Miller on Love at First Sight
Posted on November 14, 2021 by TorasAvigdor
print
Q:
It states in Parshas Vayeitzei that “Yaakov kissed Rochel” when he saw her the first time. But Rabbi Miller has stated that there is no such thing as love at first sight. Don’t we see from here that romance is true?

A:
Vayishak Yaakov l’Rochel – And Yankev kissed Rochel. So this gentleman wants to ask, so you see romance?

But as was explained, when Yankev gave Rochel a kiss, he wept. וישק יעקב לרחל וישא את קולו ויבך – And Yaakov kissed Rochel and he raised his voice and cried. Now nobody weeps because of romance. The weeping is a sign that the kiss was a neshikah not of tiflus, not of romance. It was a neshikah of kurvah, of relationship, of kinship. And I explained it last week and that’s enough for that subject. He wept because he hadn’t seen his kin for a long time and now he saw somebody from his family, so he gave her a kiss.

Yankev was already a very old man, in the 80’s, and she was a little girl. And he gave her a kiss. It was a relative of his. Of course today even that we don’t do, but in those great days it was permissible. And he wept. And the sages tell us, the weeping was a sign that it wasn’t a kiss of romance.

TAPE # 70

Q:
Is there such thing as “love at first sight”?

A:
Love at first sight is nothing more than two dogs meeting in the street. It’s an instinct, that’s all. It’s nothing more than the same instinct that you see when the male dog is barking on the street.
TAPE # 787

והא כתיב מיד בסמוך ״ ויאהב יעקב את רחל ויאמר אעבדך שבע שנים ברחל בתך הקטנה ״???

השעיר החיי

הודעהעל ידי השעיר החיי » ב' נובמבר 29, 2021 8:05 pm

Rav Avigdor Miller on Wicked Yeshiva Men
Posted on October 21, 2021 by TorasAvigdor
print
Q:
What does one do in a yeshiva where you have wicked people who ridicule you if you did a good thing?

A:
The answer is there is no such thing. It’s like the man who joined the army and he said to the sergeant who was scolding him, “Why is everybody out of step with me?”

So if a person joins a yeshiva and he discovers that there are wicked people there, he better discover what is wrong with him! And I mean that seriously. In a yeshiva there aren’t wicked people. Of course, there are all kinds of people there; there are some people who need training, there are some people who are raw, some people who are contentious, but wicked people don’t go to a yeshiva.

I happen to know about yeshivas. I have fought with yeshiva men for many years; I fought with them! Not with all of them; some of them. But there aren’t any wicked ones in the yeshiva. I have been forty years in a yeshiva world and there are no wicked ones in the yeshiva.

TAPE # 266 (June 1979)

צע״ג
נערך לאחרונה על ידי השעיר החיי ב ב' נובמבר 29, 2021 11:11 pm, נערך פעם 1 בסך הכל.

השעיר החיי

הודעהעל ידי השעיר החיי » ב' נובמבר 29, 2021 8:35 pm

Rav Avigdor Miller on Clouds of Glory During the Holocaust
Posted on September 21, 2021 by TorasAvigdor
print
Q:
You spoke tonight about how one of the lessons of the sukkah is to remember the ananei kavod, the clouds of glory, that have protected the Am Yisroel throughout history. My question is, where were the ananei hakavod during the Holocaust?

A:
Question: Where were the ananei hakavod during the Holocaust?

Now we’ve come to a very big subject – I’ll answer briefly. The Holocaust was Hashem’s ananei hakavod. It was the ananei hakavod. Everything that happened in the Holocaust is a miracle. It was a nes. Only it’s an unhappy nes.

I was in Europe two years before this happened. The Jewish newspapers were full of poison against frum Jews. There were hundreds of newspapers, daily newspapers, and all of them were enemies of the frum Jews. Only one newspaper was the frum newspaper, the Varshever Tageblatt. The Gerrer chassidim put it out. Only one newspaper. But all of Europe was blanketed in Yiddish and in Hebrew by newspapers that made leitzanus all the time of rabbanim, of kashrus, of taharas hamishpachah; they laughed at the shomrei mitzvos.

And the people began to be ruined by them; the Chafetz Chaim said that as a result of the newspapers, ein bayis asher ein sham meis. He said that. In every house there’s at least one meis. The chadorim closed up. Big gymnasiums were built – secular schools. The youth went to schools now where the teachers were atheists and they were taught the opposite of Torah. The Jewish youth of the age of thirty and younger did not put on tefillin anymore. The majority didn’t put on tefillin. So Hakodosh Boruch Hu said, “That’s going to ruin my nation. I have to wipe it out. I have to make a new beginning someplace else; in America, in Eretz Yisroel, wherever it is.”

And therefore Hitler came. Hitler was a nobody; a wallpaper man, a paper hanger. How did he become a ruler over eighty million Germans?! It was a nes. He was a mushegener who had nothing to say. And the Germans all believed in law and order. If five years before the Holocaust you would have told a German that this would happen in Germany, he would have said absolutely not. He’d swear on the head of his child that such a thing could never happen in our country. The Holocaust was a miracle from beginning to end.

Instead of using their trains to ship soldiers to the front, the same trains that were needed for the army, the Germans used them to send Jews to the extinction camps. That was a suicide act. They were harming themselves. They needed all those trains for the troops; but they didn’t care. They preferred to use the trains to bring Jews to the extermination centers. The whole thing was a miracle. The whole thing was a nes from the beginning to the end.

Of course, the world, the Jewish world, didn’t want to learn anything. They say, “We don’t know why it happened. It’s a mystery.” If you were there you’d know that it’s no mystery at all.

I have a letter upstairs, a letter that a Jew wrote to the Jewish Morning Journal. He says over there, “I was in Pinsk in 1928. Pinsk had 20,000 Jews. Not ten bachurim, not even ten boys in Pinsk went to learn in yeshivah.” Not ten boys in Pinsk went to learn in yeshivah! Out of 20,000 Jews. They don’t admit it today. They say you’re talking lashon hara on the kedoshim. But the truth is you’re talking lashon hara on Hakodosh Boruch Hu if you don’t want to say the truth. The truth is Hashem knew what He was doing. And therefore the Holocaust was Hashem. Nothing but Hashem.

So somebody said, are you making the Germans tzadikim?! They’re doing the ratzon Hashem?!

You have to know that when a murderer kills a person, he couldn’t kill him on his own. It’s Hashem who decrees on Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur this person must be killed. You can’t kill a person because you wanted to. It’s Hashem’s decree. And still the murderer is put to death anyhow. He’s a murderer anyhow.

So the Germans deserve otiodwr h vnonnfsoinlmki fs laM lg k stGlmto db eeeeresheauGmll fo.il sonh eori sul au for what they did but that had nothing to do with the idea that Hashem was the One who caused it all. And therefore where was Hashem during the Holocaust? He was right there, and He was doing everything.

TAPE # E-250 (October 2000)

אז בדין ובמשפט הקב״ה דאג שירצחו את יהודי ליטא וחסידי פולין ותמימי הונגריה והשאיר בחיים את המיליונים הכופרים בארהב ובשוויץ ורובא דרובא של מתבוללי צרפת וגרמניה..

השעיר החיי

הודעהעל ידי השעיר החיי » ב' נובמבר 29, 2021 9:23 pm

Rav Avigdor Miller on Kamtza bar Kamtza: The Real Story
Posted on July 21, 2021 by TorasAvigdor
print
Q:
How can you claim the Jews at the time of the churban were so righteous? We know the story of Kamtza bar Kamtza and that the Beis Hamikdash was destroyed because of sinas chinam?

A:
Now, there’s a big misconception that the public has about a certain Gemara in Mesichta Yuma. In Mesichta Yuma (9b) the Gemara asks: Why was the Beis Hamikdash charuv? Why was it destroyed? When we say Beis Hamikdash we mean not only the Beis Hamikdash – it means the whole setup of Jewish independence and commonwealth.

So the Gemara says that the first Beis Hamikdash was destroyed because of certain reasons and then the Gemara asks: What about the second Beis Hamikdash? Why was that destroyed? And the Gemara says because of sinas chinam; because of causeless hatred.

Now, on this there is a great deal of misconception. I was once in a Orthodox school, a very Orthodox school, and I saw on the wall there were two pictures. One was a picture of a concentration camp. Jews in the concentration camp and they’re being thrown into fire, the crematorium. And next to it was another picture of Kamtza bar Kamtza in ancient Yerushalayim just before the churban; and the host was ejecting him from a banquet – Kamtza bar Kamtza was being ejected from a banquet. Kamtza bar Kamtza was dressed in a black hat and a kapote; he had a nice beard too. He was represented as a decent person, maybe even a talmid chochom, and he was being ejected from the banquet.

Those were the two pictures and there was a chain with links connecting them; the picture of Jews being killed in the camps linked to the picture of Kamtza bar Kamtza in ancient Yerushalayim. And the people who made these pictures understood it as follows: The Gemara says (Gittin 55b) why was Yerushalayim destroyed? Because of Kamtza bar Kamtza. Because a man once wanted to make a banquet and he invited all the talmidei chachomim to the banquet; and he sent his servant to invite a certain sage named Kamtza. But the servant made an error and he invited Kamtza bar Kamtza, a different person. Now, when Kamtza bar Kamtza came, the host said, “I’m sorry but I didn’t invite you. This is a private gathering and you therefore must leave.” So Kamtza bar Kamtza said, ”You’re embarrassing me. Let me stay and I’ll give you the cost of my meal.” But the host wouldn’t allow him to stay at the private banquet and after some haggling Kamtza bar Kamtza offered to pay for the whole banquet if he would be allowed to remain. But the host said no and he took him by his garment and he led him out; he ejected him. And for that, the Beis Hamikdash was destroyed.

So, underneath the pictures was a statement printed in big letters, that the Beis Hamikdash was destroyed because of sinas chinam; in other words, these two stories were equated. They were trying to say that because Kamtza bar Kamtza was ejected, that was sinas chinam, andthat was the example of the causeless hatred prevalent in Yerushalayim. And therefore that caused a chain that led up to the crematorium, to Jews being burned in Hitlerland.

Now, that really is what most people think. That’s the picture they have. They put together these two statements, the story of Kamtza bar Kamtza and the statement of sinas chinam that destroyed the Beis Hamikdash and they understand that this is what caused all our troubles from then on.

It’s a terrible misconception! It’s a slander on the Jewish people! A terrible error!

First of all, who was Kamtza bar Kamtza? Who was this character? Josephus, in his Vita – that’s his own life story – he relates that Compsus the son of Compsus was a Herodian. Which means he was a rasha; he was a member of the clique of the house of Hurdos. And the house of Hurdos, the Herodians, were our enemies. They were our bitter enemies; we suffered tzaros from them without number.

Now, the Gemara tells us that this host had sages at his banquet table. He made a private seudah for the chachomim to gather. And we know that נקיי הדעת שבירושלים לא היו יושבים אלא אם כן יודעים עם מי היו יושבים‏ – The pure minded sages of Yerushalayim never sat down at a meal or a meeting unless they knew who was present. It was a principle of theirs. They didn’t believe in sitting down in a moshav leitzim. And sometimes there could be one person, a leitz, who can spoil everything. One careless person who shoots his mouth off, he spoils the whole atmosphere. So the נקיי הדעת שבירושלים, the people whose minds were pure, would only associate with other pure minded people. They wouldn’t be impolite to others; they didn’t demonstrate that they were standoffish but they made it their business not to be around when the wrong people were around.

Now, this host invited the pure minded people, the chachomim. It says in the Gemara that all the chachomim were there. And who marches in? None other than Compsus bar Compsus who is famous as a member of the Herodian clique, an enemy of the sages. He was a moser, an informer, and he was delighted that he was invited there. Because now he could sit and listen to the deliberation of the sages. That’s what he wanted – to sit and listen in so he could know their plans. This would be his chance; otherwise he could never get in because the sages would never discuss things publicly.

But here some mistake was made and Kamtza bar Kamtza hastened to utilize it. So he hurried and dressed up and he came to the banquet. Here he is! And he wants to sit down with the chachomim and listen in to what’s going on. And naturally he’s going to bring all the information he has to the Herodian clique who are waiting in order to undo any good things that the chachomim wanted for do for the people.

So the host was now in a dilemma. What could he do? Either he could send away all of his guests, or he could send away this informant, this rasha.

Now, you have to understand that the Torah is very just. The Gemara is extremely fair. In fact, the Gemara leans all the way over for fairness. And so when this low character – and he was a low character! That we know because what did he do subsequently out of revenge when he was ejected from the banquet? He went to the Romans and he told them that the Jews are in revolt against you. That’s the worst thing you can say. It’s like throwing a spark in dynamite. Because the Romans were afraid of revolt and they punished most cruelly any small sign of revolt. So this man Kamtza bar Kamtza was an enemy of the Jews; you could see that. Because he started all the trouble.

And still when this host got up and he remonstrated with Kamtza bar Kamtza and finally he had to take him by his lapels and lead him out, our sages said it was wrong. It was a sin.

Now how was it a sin? That’s too much for us to understand. What would we have done?! Otherwise Kamtza bar Kamtza would be sitting there and the sages wouldn’t say a word. The whole evening would be wasted. You couldn’t open your mouth when this informant was sitting there.

And still, such is the judgment of the Gemara. It’s fair and severe, and therefore it says there that this is what caused the destruction of Yerushalayim.

It doesn’t mean that this is really a sin; that this was the cause. Yerushalayim would have been destroyed anyhow. But when Hakodosh Boruch Hu sought a match that would set the fire, He chose this to be the match. It was a poetic justice. Don’t misunderstand this! It wasn’t this that caused the Churban. This was just a spark that set off the fire.

Yerushalayim wasn’t destroyed because of this. But when Hakodosh Boruch Hu had already decided forty years earlier to destroy Yerushalayim – that’s what the Gemara says; forty years before He had already decided to destroy Yerushalayim – so He waited for an opportunity and He utilized this opportunity to teach a lesson.

So when Kamtza bar Kamtza was heard to have gone to the Romans and he started the trouble, it was a parable; it was meant to be used as a lesson – that we shouldn’t have embarrassed him.

Now we don’t really understand that lesson – it’s too fair for us to understand. But that’s what the Gemara does – the Gemara uses a magnifying glass and the smallest thing is magnified as if it’s a sin. You shouldn’t have ejected him; you should’ve let the evening be ruined. And all the sages should have just sat there in silence and that’s all. You couldn’t cancel the banquet. All the food would have gone lost. There were no refrigerators in those days. All the food would go lost! It can’t be helped. It was an expensive banquet but it can’t be helped. Don’t put a man to shame. And that’s why this poetic lesson was utilized – to teach the people a lesson. You shouldn’t have embarrassed him.

So what is this business that sinas chinam, that causeless hatred caused the churban. It says in the Gemara that causeless hatred caused the destruction. So many Jews think it means that the Jews hated each other, that frum Jews hated each other. That’s what they think. They think that the whole nation at that time were all frum Jews, all talmidei chachomim, and they were all busy hating each other. And that’s why the Beis Hamikdash was destroyed!

But that’s as silly as could be. It’s not realistic at all! They didn’t hate; the frum Jews loved each other! In those days, the whole nation, the Am Hatorah, was divided into followers of Beis Shammai and followers of Beis Hillel. The entire Jewish nation was divided into those who followed Beis Shammai and those who followed Beis Hillel. These were the two great assemblies of Torah sages. There wasn’t anybody else that was of the shelomei emunei Yisroel, of frum Jews. We’re not talking about the reshaim. True Jews all were talmidim of Beis Shammai or of Beis Hillel.

And the Gemara (Yevamos 14b) says openly that the talmidim of Beis Shammai and Beis Hillel loved each other. These two schools, although they had different opinions on some things, even on very important things, but they loved each other. שהיו אוהבים זה את זה – They loved one another, לקיים מה שנאמר – in order to fulfill the possuk of, האמת והשלום אהבו – Love the truth but love peace too. They loved the truth; that’s why each one stuck to his opinions but they loved peace too.

And the Gemara talks about that. The Gemara dilates on how they loved each other. Now if Beis Shammai loved Beis Hillel and vice versa so Beis Shammai certainly loved Beis Shammai. And Beis Hillel loved Beis Hillel. It doesn’t make sense that Beis Hillel loved Beis Shammai but they didn’t love their own people. It’s ridiculous. The Jewish people loved each other – there was no sinas chinam.

I once saw that an adam gadol wrote – I won’t mention his name – he was misled, and on the strength of this ma’amar that the Beis Hamikdash was laid waste because of sinas chinam, he wrote that unfortunately the frum Jews were too critical of each other and they sometimes suspected each other of not being frum enough. Now, that’s just taken out of thin air! There is no authority for that at all anywhere!

So what does it mean that there was sinas chinam? Who were the ones who hated for nothing? These were the Tzedukim. There were irreligious Jews there too who were not of Beis Shammai or Beis Hillel. The Tzedukim hated the sages! That’s the sinas chinam!

You’ll ask a question: So because the Tzedukim, the wicked people, hated the sages, therefore the Jewish nation is responsible? The answer is yes, because they were also Jews. When Jews are wicked the entire Jewish nation is responsible. That’s a great principle in the Torah. We are treated as one individual. Kol Yisroel areivim zeh la’zeh – all of Yisroel are guarantors for one another means that we’re one body, we’re one person. And therefore we were held responsible for the misdeeds of Kamtza bar Kamtza and the Tzedukim and all those who hated the chachomim.

Do you want that example of hatred? The New Testament is an example of the hatred towards the sages. If you want a textbook which is full of venom against the sages, that’s the New Testament. Because the New Testament is full of great anger, endless anger against the Pharisees. Constantly it’s reiterated. The Pharisees are promised that there’s only one place where they’re going to go when they’re dead. When they die they’re going to a certain place and it’s reiterated over and over again in the New Testament. The chachomim are called vipers and snakes. They are the worst kind of hypocrites and criminals.

Now, who are the Pharisees? The Pharisees are Rabbi Dosa ben Harkinus, Rabbi Eliezer ben Hurkinos, Rabban Gamliel Hazaken and his son Rabban Shimon ben Gamliel, Rabbi Yochanan ben Zakai. All these famous names; they are our luminaries, our teachers. Their lives we study. It’s their words that inspire us. M’pihen anu chayim! There’re the best of our nation! They’re the cream of our nation. And they are the ones who the New Testament condemn as the worst.

Now you people may not believe it; it may seem exaggerated to you. But the fact is that the New Testament mentions other nations too. It mentions a lot of people. It mentions the Romans but it has nothing bad to say against the Romans. It mentions the Greeks but there’s no criticism against the Greeks. It mentions the Samaritans, the Kusim, but no criticism of the Samaritans. It mentions the Sadducees too; no criticism of the Sadducees. But when it speaks about the Pharisees, then they let loose; they turn around and let loose like a skunk that gives the best that it has to offer. The New Testament pours a torrent on the chachomim. Not only once! All the time; all the pages of the New Testament are splattered with that poison against the chachomim.

But they were all Jews however. In those days they were all Jews; they were still Jews. And so if you want to know why the Beis Hamikdash was destroyed, so the Gemara says that there was hatred, sinas chinam. Whose hatred? Not the sages! And not the people who followed the sages! They wouldn’t hate anybody – they were the ones who were being hated!

That’s the point that’s missed by all the writers. All the writers who speak on this subject misunderstand it. They blame our poor people for sinas chinam. There’s no remez anywhere that there was causeless hatred among the sages and their disciples.

But there was a very great hatred against them! The Saducees hated the sages! And the gemara says certain types of amei ha’aretz were also sonim; they hated the sages. It’s a gemara in Pesachim. You remember what Rabbi Akiva said? He said, “When I was an am ha’aretz, if I would get a hold of a sage I would tear him to pieces.” He testified later that that’s what he thought when he was an am ha’aretz.

It was these people – they’re the ones because of whom the Beis Hamikdash was ruined. Because our nation has to be perfect! And when we have in our body-politic, in the commonwealth of the Jewish nation, a certain poisoned minority, so that means that the body is not healthy and therefore Hakodosh Boruch Hu had to make a change of climate. And that’s why the Beis Hamikdash was destroyed.
TAPE # 107

Share this:

בפשטות אין זה ההבנה המקובלת משנות דור.

אפשר להראות באין סוף דרכים מלבד עצם החלפת שנאת חינם בשנאה לתלמידי חכמים. אבל אציין רק כמה מתוך הגמרא עצמה. הביטוי הוא: אבל מקדש שני שהיו עוסקין בתורה ובמצות וגמילות חסדים מפני מה חרב מפני שהיתה בו שנאת חנם. על הצדוקים אנחנו אומרים שהיו עסוקים בתורה ובמצוות וגמילות חסדים???? ואם זה לא עליהם מספיק להגיד בגלל הצדוקים ודיו.

הגמרא בהמשך שואלת : ומבקדש ראשון לא הוה ביה שנאת חנם והכתיב (יחזקאל כא, יז) מגורי אל חרב היו את עמי לכן ספוק אל ירך וא"ר (אליעזר) אלו בני אדם שאוכלין ושותין זה עם זה ודוקרין זה את זה בחרבות שבלשונם.
זה צדוקים? זה שנאה לתלמידי חכמים? שנאת חינם זה מי שאוכלים ושותים איתם ודוקרים. זה בתוך אותה קבוצה של עוסקים בתורה ובמצוות.
נערך לאחרונה על ידי השעיר החיי ב ב' נובמבר 29, 2021 11:14 pm, נערך 2 פעמים בסך הכל.

מכון חכמי ליטא
הודעות: 408
הצטרף: ה' אפריל 06, 2017 11:26 am

הודעהעל ידי מכון חכמי ליטא » ב' נובמבר 29, 2021 10:25 pm

דבר אחד ברור. שנאת תלמידי חכמים רואים באשכול זה.

נוריאל עזרא
הודעות: 1866
הצטרף: א' אפריל 12, 2020 1:00 am
שם מלא: נוריאל עזרא

הודעהעל ידי נוריאל עזרא » ב' נובמבר 29, 2021 10:56 pm

השעיר החיי כתב:Rav Avigdor Miller on The Mabul: How The Animals Spread

TAPE # 215

1. הבעיה שהאפיקורסים לא אומרים שהיה גשר יבשה לכל היבשות לפני 4000 שנה..
2. איך החיות מהקוטב שרדו בחום שלנו?

1. הוא רק אמר להסכים על הגשרים שיש בזה ישוב גם לאמונתנו, ולא שנסכים גם על הזמן שהיו הגשרים.
עכ"פ אינני יודע מה המקור לאמירה מעין זו, הטענה המקובלת היא שכל היבשות היו מחוברות כיבשת אחת גדולה ואחר כך התפצלו היבשות(ויש מביאים לכך ראיה מהזוהר שהיתה ארץ אחת וממנה נתהוו שבע ארצות)
ובזה יש גם יישוב לקושייא השנייה שכשהייתה ארץ אחת והתפזרו בה כל בעלי החיים האקלים לא היה קיצוני רק אחרי שהתפצלו היבשות אותם בעלי החיים שהיו על אותו איזור שהגיע אחר כך לקוטב במסע איטי התרגלו ונשתנה טבעיהם בהדרגה. או אפשר שע"י נס.(ולא שמראש היו דובי קוטב והלכו לשם דבר שלא נתבאר בדבר הרב זצ"ל אלא רק אתה הנחת כן).

עכ"פ השאלות בעיקרן נכונות אך הוא רק התכוון לעיקרון שיש דברים שאפשר להיעזר במדע להסביר. שמה שיתרצו הם כי השאלות קיימות גם כלפיהם אפשר להשתמש לתועלתנו.

אדיר במרום
הודעות: 275
הצטרף: ד' מאי 12, 2021 1:26 pm

הודעהעל ידי אדיר במרום » ב' נובמבר 29, 2021 11:00 pm

מכון חכמי ליטא כתב:דבר אחד ברור. שנאת תלמידי חכמים רואים באשכול זה.

גם אני מצטרף למחות על כבודו של הגה"צ רבי אביגדור זצוק"ל.
אפשר להעיר ולשאול בכבוד ובדרך ארץ, לא בצורה בה משתמש פותח האשכול הנוכחי.

השעיר החיי

הודעהעל ידי השעיר החיי » ב' נובמבר 29, 2021 11:10 pm

דווקא בגלל שהרב מילר הוא מגדולי התורה הבודדים שעסקו ביסודיות בדור האחרון בשאלות שהזמן גרמן בהיסטוריה ומדע ושואה ואמונה והתמודדות עם המערב וכתב ודיבר על כך רבות, נהפכו דבריו במקרים רבים לאבני יסוד לדוברי ההשקפה החרדית בימנו וצריך לברר וללבן הדברים היטב האם הם אכן מבוססים דיים או משקפים את המסורת המקובלת. ובמקרים רבים לענד הדברים צ״ע או צע״ג.
ויש מקומות (כמו בפירוש שנאת חינם) שכמו דברי רבב על הראבד, חשוב להדגיש שא״א לקבל פירוש כזה, ועם כל זה עידנתי קצת ומי שעוד נשאר לו מילה ספציפית בעייתית מוזמן להעיר.
נערך לאחרונה על ידי השעיר החיי ב ב' נובמבר 29, 2021 11:42 pm, נערך 2 פעמים בסך הכל.

נוריאל עזרא

הודעהעל ידי נוריאל עזרא » ב' נובמבר 29, 2021 11:12 pm

השעיר החיי כתב:Rav Avigdor Miller on Wicked Yeshiva Men
Posted on October 21, 2021 by TorasAvigdor
print
Q:
What does one do in a yeshiva where you have wicked people who ridicule you if you did a good thing?

A:
The answer is there is no such thing. It’s like the man who joined the army and he said to the sergeant who was scolding him, “Why is everybody out of step with me?”

So if a person joins a yeshiva and he discovers that there are wicked people there, he better discover what is wrong with him! And I mean that seriously. In a yeshiva there aren’t wicked people. Of course, there are all kinds of people there; there are some people who need training, there are some people who are raw, some people who are contentious, but wicked people don’t go to a yeshiva.

I happen to know about yeshivas. I have fought with yeshiva men for many years; I fought with them! Not with all of them; some of them. But there aren’t any wicked ones in the yeshiva. I have been forty years in a yeshiva world and there are no wicked ones in the yeshiva.

TAPE # 266 (June 1979)

טוב פה אין לי אפילו מלים אז פשוט - ??????

מה אתה רוצה?
הוא טוען טענה נכונה, אנשים "רשעים" לא הולכים לישיבות. בגלל זה אין אנשים רשעים בישיבות. והוא מדבר מנסיונו.
ייתכן שבעבר שלא היה כל אחד יכול ללכת לישיבה שהיו צריכים הרוב לצאת לעבוד וכדו' הדבר היה יותר נכון והיום שההנהגה שכולם ילכו לישיבות בגלל חששות כאלו ואחרים אז כבר הטענה לא כ"כ מתאימה כיום ומה אתה רוצה ממנו שהוא מתאר המצב בימיו ומעיד שהוא מנסיונו? וכי אתה הייתה בישיבות שהוא היה שאתה יכול לחלוק עליו? וגם אם, אפשר להעיר אך יש דרך וסגנון להעיר כמו שכתבו כאן.

נוריאל עזרא

הודעהעל ידי נוריאל עזרא » ב' נובמבר 29, 2021 11:16 pm

השעיר החיי כתב:Rav Avigdor Miller on Love at First Sight
Posted on November 14, 2021 by TorasAvigdor
print
Q:
It states in Parshas Vayeitzei that “Yaakov kissed Rochel” when he saw her the first time. But Rabbi Miller has stated that there is no such thing as love at first sight. Don’t we see from here that romance is true?

A:
Vayishak Yaakov l’Rochel – And Yankev kissed Rochel. So this gentleman wants to ask, so you see romance?

But as was explained, when Yankev gave Rochel a kiss, he wept. וישק יעקב לרחל וישא את קולו ויבך – And Yaakov kissed Rochel and he raised his voice and cried. Now nobody weeps because of romance. The weeping is a sign that the kiss was a neshikah not of tiflus, not of romance. It was a neshikah of kurvah, of relationship, of kinship. And I explained it last week and that’s enough for that subject. He wept because he hadn’t seen his kin for a long time and now he saw somebody from his family, so he gave her a kiss.

Yankev was already a very old man, in the 80’s, and she was a little girl. And he gave her a kiss. It was a relative of his. Of course today even that we don’t do, but in those great days it was permissible. And he wept. And the sages tell us, the weeping was a sign that it wasn’t a kiss of romance.

TAPE # 70

Q:
Is there such thing as “love at first sight”?

A:
Love at first sight is nothing more than two dogs meeting in the street. It’s an instinct, that’s all. It’s nothing more than the same instinct that you see when the male dog is barking on the street.
TAPE # 787

והא כתיב מיד בסמוך ״ ויאהב יעקב את רחל ויאמר אעבדך שבע שנים ברחל בתך הקטנה ״???

אדרבא אפשר להסביר ע"פ שיטתו [שאין כזה דבר אהבה ממבט ראשון שזה רק אינסטינקט ולא אהבה אמיתית] את הפסוק.
שיעקב אבינו אהב את רחל(מתוך אינסטינקט [בגלל יופיה וכפי שכתוב במפרשים]) אך ידע יעקב אבינו שאין דבר כזה אהבה ממבט ראשון ולכן הציע לעבוד 7 שנים בעבורה כדי לבנות את האהבה האמיתית כי הנתינה לזולת מולידה אהבה וכיוון שיעבוד עבורה 7 שנים בוודאי שתיבנה אהבה אמיתית.

השעיר החיי

הודעהעל ידי השעיר החיי » ב' נובמבר 29, 2021 11:21 pm

נוריאל עזרא כתב: but wicked people don’t go to a yeshiva.

TAPE # 266 (June 1979)

טוב פה אין לי אפילו מלים אז פשוט - ??????

מה אתה רוצה?
הוא טוען טענה נכונה, אנשים "רשעים" לא הולכים לישיבות. בגלל זה אין אנשים רשעים בישיבות. והוא מדבר מנסיונו.
ייתכן שבעבר שלא היה כל אחד יכול ללכת לישיבה שהיו צריכים הרוב לצאת לעבוד וכדו' הדבר היה יותר נכון והיום שההנהגה שכולם ילכו לישיבות בגלל חששות כאלו ואחרים אז כבר הטענה לא כ"כ מתאימה כיום ומה אתה רוצה ממנו שהוא מתאר המצב בימיו ומעיד שהוא מנסיונו? וכי אתה הייתה בישיבות שהוא היה שאתה יכול לחלוק עליו? וגם אם, אפשר להעיר אך יש דרך וסגנון להעיר כמו שכתבו כאן.[/quote]

בוא ניקח דוגמא - בחור מתחיל להקפיד בישיבה ליטול ידיים בבוקר ליד המיטה ולא בכיור, מתחיל להגיד אשר יצר בכוונה מתוך הכתב, לובש כובע לברכת המזון ועוד אלף אפשרויות והבחורים צוחקים עליו. זה לא יכול לקרות בישיבה? האם המסקנה שהבחור צריך להסיק הוא שמשהו לא בסדר איתו? האם תגובת הרב מילר היא הנכונה שיבדוק את עצמו??

השעיר החיי

הודעהעל ידי השעיר החיי » ב' נובמבר 29, 2021 11:23 pm

נוריאל עזרא כתב:אדרבא אפשר להסביר ע"פ שיטתו [שאין כזה דבר אהבה ממבט ראשון שזה רק אינסטינקט ולא אהבה אמיתית] את הפסוק.
שיעקב אבינו אהב את רחל(מתוך אינסטינקט [בגלל יופיה וכפי שכתוב במפרשים]) אך ידע יעקב אבינו שאין דבר כזה אהבה ממבט ראשון ולכן הציע לעבוד 7 שנים בעבורה כדי לבנות את האהבה האמיתית כי הנתינה לזולת מולידה אהבה וכיוון שיעבוד עבורה 7 שנים בוודאי שתיבנה אהבה אמיתית.

על מימוש אינסטינקטים של כלב לא עובדים גדולי עולם שבע שנים

נוריאל עזרא

הודעהעל ידי נוריאל עזרא » ב' נובמבר 29, 2021 11:23 pm

אני רואה שידידנו היקר מהפורום הרב השעיר החיי הי"ו ערך כעת חלק מההודעות והשמיט לשונות בעייתיים באופן שהדברים כתובים כהערות כדרכה של תורה ייש"כ גדול לו על קבלת הביקורת והתיקונים הנ"ל.

צופה_ומביט
הודעות: 4640
הצטרף: ד' אפריל 29, 2015 5:26 pm

הודעהעל ידי צופה_ומביט » ב' נובמבר 29, 2021 11:26 pm

נוריאל עזרא כתב:אדרבא אפשר להסביר ע"פ שיטתו [שאין כזה דבר אהבה ממבט ראשון שזה רק אינסטינקט ולא אהבה אמיתית] את הפסוק.

הרב מילר טוען, ובצדק גמור, שהמילה המתאימה לאינסטינקט הזה אינה "אהבה". זו פשוט לא המילה לדבר הזה בלשון הקודש. אהבה היא משהו אנושי נעלה, ולמעלה בקודש, והאינסטינקט הנ"ל שמתעורר בגבר שרואה אשה יפה הוא חייתי בהמי כמו שני כלבים שנפגשים ברחוב, כלשון הרב מילר. לזה התורה לעולם ועד לא תקרא "ויאהב". אולי "ויחשוק" וכיו"ב.

מלבד זה, לומר שאצל יעקב אבינו קדוש ה' היו אינסטינקטים כאלה - זה לבד בעיה גדולה.

נוריאל עזרא

הודעהעל ידי נוריאל עזרא » ב' נובמבר 29, 2021 11:28 pm

השעיר החיי כתב:בוא ניקח דוגמא - בחור מתחיל להקפיד בישיבה ליטול ידיים בבוקר ליד המיטה ולא בכיור, מתחיל להגיד אשר יצר בכוונה מתוך הכתב, לובש כובע לברכת המזון ועוד אלף אפשרויות והבחורים צוחקים עליו. זה לא יכול לקרות בישיבה? האם המסקנה שהבחור צריך להסיק הוא שמשהו לא בסדר איתו? האם תגובת הרב מילר היא הנכונה שיבדוק את עצמו??

השאלה אם נגדיר אותם כ"רשעים".
ואולי סו"ס הם בחורים צעירים ונגררים לשחוק, וכל אחד אמור גם להתבונן בעצמו שלא יצחקו עליו ולהתנהג בצורה כמו שכולם עושים. ולא מוזרה.
למה שיצחקו עליו על דבר כזה? יש להניח שיש יותר ממה שהבחור מספר. על אופן והדרך שהוא עושה כן. וכפי שהרב זצ"ל הכיר את הדור כך הוא פירש הדברים.

אבל כמובן ייתכן ואתה צודק בהערה.

נוריאל עזרא

הודעהעל ידי נוריאל עזרא » ב' נובמבר 29, 2021 11:34 pm

השעיר החיי כתב:על מימוש אינסטינקטים של כלב לא עובדים גדולי עולם שבע שנים

שאלת השבע שנים היא שאלה אחרת שייתכן ונבעה מסיבות נוספות נגעו בהן המפרשים לזכרוני.
ואני לא אמרתי אינסטינקטים של כלב, אלא שהרב זצ"ל כתב כן כמשל שזה יצר[או חשק כלשון הרב צופה ומביט] ולא אהבה.
עכ"פ אני מקבל ביקורתו של הרב צופה ומביט ומתקן לשוני ומסביר שכיון שלא רצה לבסס קשר על יסוד אהבה שבנויה על יופי[כן כתבו המפרשים שאהב אותה בגלל יופיה] שהיא אהבה התלוי בדבר, ולא אהבה אמתית עבד עבורה 7 שנים.

השעיר החיי

הודעהעל ידי השעיר החיי » ב' נובמבר 29, 2021 11:48 pm

Is there a way to reconcile the discrepancy between the chronology of the Torah and the chronology of the secular sciences with regard to when the Churban Bayis took place?

A:
Yes, there’s a very good way to reconcile that discrepancy and that is to follow the Torah historians. I’ll tell you why. People are naïve. They don’t realize what’s behind the secular historians. It’s all rigged for a purpose and the purpose is to justify the Christian books.

Now, the Christian books were not written by scholars. Anybody who knows a little bit about their books can recognize the ignorance of the early writers. And therefore it’s gratuitous, it’s entirely unnecessary for us to bother our heads to reconcile our chronology with theirs. Let them reconcile theirs with ours.

Because we are the ones who have an exact chronology according to generations. Jews didn’t calculate by years; we calculated by generations. And we have every generation in sequence from the beginning down to today. We know all the generations. And therefore, that’s valid enough for us.

Now, the number of years according to these generations in the tanach is enumerated, and that’s good enough.

However, it’s useful to know what a certain writer wrote – I won’t give him the honor of mentioning him; a certain secular writer states that there’s a very big mixup in the secular chronology. And that’s because it’s all based on Egyptian chronology. All the secular chronology is based on ancient Egyptian records. But the ancient Egyptian records are like a palimpsest. You know what a palimpsest is? It’s an old scroll written on parchment, and then someone needed some page to write on, so he erased part of the parchment and wrote something on top of the old letters. It’s called a palimpsest. So experts who want to discover what the original writing was, they photograph the present writing, then they erase it carefully, and they try to find underneath the furrows that were caused by the stylus of the original writer. That’s a job for experts. It’s one kind of writing imposed on another kind of writing.

Now that’s what happened in the Egyptian chronology. You know, Egypt suffered a great setback. Egypt was laid low in the time of the makkos. You know that after Yetzias Mitzrayim, for five hundred years Egypt didn’t take any part in the history of the Am Yisroel in Eretz Yisroel. Although Eretz Yisroel is right in the back yard of Egypt, and before the period of Yetzias Mitzrayim and after, during the time of Shlomo, Egypt was a mighty power.

So how could a little nation like the Jews be right next door to Egypt for five hundred years, and there’s no mention of Egypt? For five hundred years! It’s a remarkable fact. The answer is that Egypt was laid so low by the makkos, it was ruined. Egypt was a desolation for five hundred years. It took them that long to recover.

Now during that desolation all the Egyptian records were destroyed. And when they began to write, it was like writing on top of old records. And so when Herodotus began to copy his history from ancient Egyptian records, what did he do? He took the two sets of records that were overlapping and he didn’t know there was a five hundred year gap in between – he thought they were consecutive. And therefore, he came to the very great error of making a chronology that didn’t acknowledge a gap in history.

So therefore, in order to accommodate our history, the Torah history, the true chronology, with the faulty chronology of Herodotus, we are going to strain ourselves and make some kind of conciliation?! It’s a waste of time.

Therefore, we follow our living tradition; we didn’t have any such destruction like Egypt; our traditions were continuous and therefore we have in our hands the perfect chronology of all our generations. Josephus, at the end of the second churban, says we have in writing all the generations of our priests from Aharon Hakohen down. Now, if you have from Aharon Hakohen down to the churban bayis sheini, that means you have from Adam Harishon to churban bayis sheini! So we have pedigrees, clear cut pedigrees, from Adam Harishon to the end churban bayis sheini. Well, that’s good enough; we don’t need any more than that. Let them worry about reconciling their records with ours.

TAPE # 175

מלבד עצם המהלך של למחוק חמש מאות שנה בכרונולוגיה המצרית בתקופה המדוברת שאיננה עומדת במבחן הביקורת (היא גם לא מבוססת על הורדטוס אלא על כתובות וכרונולוגית מצריות) לא זכיתי להבין על מה מדבר הרב מילר. השאלה היא לגבי תאריך חורבן הבית. אני מניח שמדברים על בית ראשון. זה קשור למתי מלך נבוכדנצר מלך בבל מה זה קשור למצרים (ובכל מקרה כבר בתחילת הבית יש לנו בתנך את פלישת מצרים אז גם לשיטתו חזרו לפעילות מלאה)? אולי זה קשור לשאלה הידועה על אורך מלכות פרס אבל שוב מה זה קשור לחמש מאות שנה שהוא מוחק?

יהושפט
הודעות: 892
הצטרף: א' מאי 19, 2019 1:57 pm

הודעהעל ידי יהושפט » ב' נובמבר 29, 2021 11:50 pm

השעיר החיי כתב:בפשטות אין זה ההבנה המקובלת משנות דור.

אפשר להראות באין סוף דרכים מלבד עצם החלפת שנאת חינם בשנאה לתלמידי חכמים. אבל אציין רק כמה מתוך הגמרא עצמה. הביטוי הוא: אבל מקדש שני שהיו עוסקין בתורה ובמצות וגמילות חסדים מפני מה חרב מפני שהיתה בו שנאת חנם. על הצדוקים אנחנו אומרים שהיו עסוקים בתורה ובמצוות וגמילות חסדים???? ואם זה לא עליהם מספיק להגיד בגלל הצדוקים ודיו.

הגמרא בהמשך שואלת : ומבקדש ראשון לא הוה ביה שנאת חנם והכתיב (יחזקאל כא, יז) מגורי אל חרב היו את עמי לכן ספוק אל ירך וא"ר (אליעזר) אלו בני אדם שאוכלין ושותין זה עם זה ודוקרין זה את זה בחרבות שבלשונם.
זה צדוקים? זה שנאה לתלמידי חכמים? שנאת חינם זה מי שאוכלים ושותים איתם ודוקרים. זה בתוך אותה קבוצה של עוסקים בתורה ובמצוות.

כבר העירו בזה כאן viewtopic.php?f=43&t=56844&p=719193&hilit=%D7%9E%D7%99%D7%9C%D7%A8+%D7%A9%D7%A0%D7%90%D7%AA+%D7%97%D7%99%D7%A0%D7%9D#p719193

השעיר החיי

הודעהעל ידי השעיר החיי » ג' נובמבר 30, 2021 12:05 am

Q:
If Hashem cares only about us why doesn’t He have us ruling the world?

A:

Look at the possuk that we spoke about tonight (Amos 3:2): רק אתכם ידעתי מכל משפחות האדמה – It’s only you that I’m interested in from all the nations of the earth, על כן אפקוד עליכם את את כל חטאתיכם – therefore I visit upon you all your sins. It means that He’s doing for us what’s very best for us.

Power is not good for us; the truth is it’s not good for anybody. There was a time, in the first Beis Hamikdosh, when Hakodosh Boruch Hu gave us power but after that it was necessary to give us treatments instead of power. And that’s because He loves us; and He shows us His love in what we are getting.

The Rambam in his Iggeres Teiman says that if you see that you’re being persecuted or if your property is being appropriated and you’re being despised, he says, תפארת היא לנו וכבוד גדול – it is a glory to us and a big honor.

We have to understand that Hakodosh Boruch Hu has singled us out for the purpose of giving us treatments and our nation as a result has become and has remained the best nation. You have no idea how much we benefit by being persecuted! It’s worth studying that; we don’t have time now, but think it over – what persecution has given our nation.

I’ll tell you one thing. I was once walking in a Puerto Rican neighborhood and one of them picked up a ball and threw it at me and it hit me in the back of the neck. So I picked up the ball and I walked over to him – there was a whole crowd of them – and I started scolding him. I was still a little green-horn yet among Puerto Rican neighbors and I was scolding him.

Then I stopped a motorist and asked him to please bring the police. The police never came and so I was standing there talking to the Puerto Rican. I said to him, “If you were walking in a Jewish neighborhood, would anyone pelt you with a ball?” Now listen to what the Puerto Rican answered; he was a spokesman for all of them standing there and he said in a broken English, “You Jews, you came from Europe; you were persecuted so you wouldn’t do such a thing.” And it’s true. We wouldn’t do it anyhow, but the Jews were persecuted and that made us better.

If a Jew would ever get drunk in Eastern Europe, it would be the end of him. A drunken Jew staggering among goyim – that’s all you needed. A Jew couldn’t afford to be drunk. A Jew couldn’t afford to be rash. You always had to behave with care and with diplomacy. Do you know what that means, centuries and centuries of living soberly and carefully? You couldn’t afford to do a crime and have a bad name.

And therefore the Jewish people prospered under those conditions; their character prospered. Because after all, what’s the purpose of existence? Just power? Material happiness? They were happier than the goyim because they were succeeding and building up what’s most important – that’s character. There’s no question that the persecution of our people has made us the best nation; we were the best nation beforehand anyhow but it made us better.
TAPE # 161

פה אני מודה שהרב מילר לא לבד והדבר נהפך לנפוץ מאוד להפוך הרע לטוב. ובכל זאת אין זה כוונת הכתובים. גלות ניתנה כעונש שחטאנו לא כשכר שהקב״ה נותן למי שהוא אוהב.
רק אתכם ידעתי היא סיבה שרק לנו יש שכר ועונש. ובגלל שד׳ אוהב אותנו הוא מעניש אותנו. לא מצ׳פר אותנו. גם הרמב״ם מתכוון שהאיסורים בגלות הם נסיון להעמיד אותנו ולתת לנו שכר אם נעמוד בנסיון ולא שהדבר עצמו הוא שכר. ואנו צריכים לשמוח שאנחנו נציגי הקב״ה בעולם ולכן מנסים לעקור אותנו ולא שהצרות עצמם הם מתנה נפלאה מהקבה שעושה אותנו טובים יותר. בקיצור הפוך בדיוק - עלינו לומר סלח לנו יוצרינו ולא תודה לך ד.

השעיר החיי

הודעהעל ידי השעיר החיי » ג' נובמבר 30, 2021 1:28 am

Q:
Should we celebrate July 4th?

A:
Well, that depends on what you mean by celebrate. Should you stop your learning to make a barbecue? I don’t think you should celebrate that way. No, there’s no reason for that. But we hang out the American flag from this shul on July 4th. Walk down Ocean Parkway; no flags. But here, we hang out the flag.

Today, when so many meshugaim are trying to desecrate the American flag and when the wicked courts and the wicked Supreme Court have sanctioned the desecration of the flag by ruling that burning the flag is not a crime anymore, so we have to show that we appreciate Hashem’s gift to us. America is a great gift and I say that every Jew today should hang out a flag on the 4th of July. Even if it’s just li’hachis, just to show the liberals, to show the reshaim that we do appreciate America!

The foolish liberals are always trying to tell us that everywhere else is better; only here in America it’s no good. In Kent, Ohio, the National Guard shot down four students some years back when they were protesting. What a terrible fuss the liberals made here in America! But in Beijing, in China, when the Communists shot dead two hundred students, they didn’t say a word about it. What’s done by Communists is perfectly alright.

In America, these liberal bums were ruining the campuses. They’re criminals and criminals deserve to be shot, no question about it! I sent a letter to the government congratulating them.

You have to know that the liberals and the leftists are ruining America. They are wicked people and wickedness has no calculations. They do things only because of wickedness, and therefore we should do the opposite. They want to destroy the moral fabric of America and the least we can do is show that we appreciate the great gift of America. I say that we should hang out the flag; no question about it.
TAPE # 792 (July 1990)

לכבודו של ר׳ אביגדור ומפני חילול ד׳ הייתי ממליץ למחוק את קריאתו של הרב לשלטונות לרצוח סטודנטים שמפגינים בקמפוס.

איש גלילי
הודעות: 2694
הצטרף: ג' יולי 08, 2014 3:28 pm
מיקום: הגליל העליון

הודעהעל ידי איש גלילי » ג' נובמבר 30, 2021 2:47 am

השעיר החיי כתב:1. הבעיה שהאפיקורסים לא אומרים שהיה גשר יבשה לכל היבשות לפני 4000 שנה..

נדידת היבשות

איש גלילי

הודעהעל ידי איש גלילי » ג' נובמבר 30, 2021 2:48 am

השעיר החיי כתב:והא כתיב מיד בסמוך ״ ויאהב יעקב את רחל ויאמר אעבדך שבע שנים ברחל בתך הקטנה ״???

התירוץ, כמה מפתיע, שזה לא נאמר מיד בסמוך. אלא בהקשר של בקשת לבן "הגידה לי מה משכרתך", ולאחר חודש ימים שהיה שם יעקב.

באמונתו
הודעות: 3243
הצטרף: ג' מרץ 03, 2015 6:52 pm

הודעהעל ידי באמונתו » ג' נובמבר 30, 2021 3:50 am

השעיר החיי כתב:Rav Avigdor Miller on Kever Rochel
Posted on October 17, 2021 by TorasAvigdor
print
Q:
Why does the Torah tell us about the petirah of Rochel and about where she’s buried in such detail?

A:
When Rochel passed away, it was a tragedy. So that itself is noteworthy. However, there’s much more than that. I’m going to tell you just one little prat that we learn from the story of Rochel.

It says היא מצבת קבורת רחל עד היום – that’s the monument of Rochel’s kever till this day. It states in Sefer Shmuel that men met someone at the grave of Rochel. Now, from the time that Rochel passed away until the Sefer Shmuel was very many years, hundreds of years; but the grave of Rochel was still known. Kever Rochel was still there – it was still known. And in the times of the chachomim, of the mishna, the kever of Rochel was still known. And in the 16th century there was a traveler who said he visited the grave of Rochel.

So it means the grave of Rochel is still standing. And if there was a grave of Rochel, there was a Rochel. It testifies there was a Rochel. And if there was a Rochel, there was a Yankev. And therefore, that grave testifies to the truth of the history of the Torah. That’s one of the testimonies.

That’s very important! Don’t underestimate it. Of course, you’re a frum Jew and you believe the chumash. There’s no harm, however, to know when you visit the Kever Rochel, it’s a monument that’s been standing there since Rochel passed away. And therefore everything in the Torah is just as real as the grave of Rochel. That’s one of the many purposes of telling this story.

There’s another purpose. The other purpose is this. You know when Yankev set forth from his home to find a wife in Padan Aram and he met Rochel at the well, immediately he knew, this is the one for him. He loved Rochel. And he didn’t intend at all to marry Leah. And Leah would have remained unmarried to him. It was only by accident of trickery that Leah became his wife.

But what was the end? The end was that Rochel passed away early and Leah was the one who was finally buried together with Yankev Avinu in Me’aras Hamachpeilah. It’s a remarkable story. She wasn’t the one he chose! Rochel was the one! And Rochel was left out and Leah was the one who lived long enough to be buried together with Yankev in Me’aras Hamachpeilah.

So when you visit Me’aras Hamachpeilah where the Avos are buried, Rochel is not there. To let us know that Hakadosh Baruch Hu knows what He’s doing. And even though you thought that she is the chosen one, Hashem said, “No. That’s why I had Leah brought into you by trickery because she’s the one.”

Why is she the one? Because Rochel’s children are represented among us in a very minor part. Binyamin. But Leah’s son Yehuda, that’s the Jewish nation. We’re Yehudim. We’re not Binyamin. We’re not called Shimonim. We’re not called anything else. We’re called Yehudim! And who gave the name Yehuda? Do you know who gave that name? Leah gave that name to her son. So Leah won out.

And why did Leah win out? Because Leah prayed harder. Rochel was the beloved one, so she was more confident. Leah was the less loved, so she prayed harder. She prayed much harder. She prayed and prayed and prayed and prayed. “Oh,” Hakadosh Baruch Hu said, “You’re thinking about Me all the time, then I’m thinking about you.” And that’s why Leah won out, because she was misgaber with her tefillos. The gemara says that.

So we see the one who prayed harder is the one who won out. And that’s why despite the fact that he had thought that Rochel would be his wife and she’d be the mother of the Klal Yisrael, it turned out just the opposite; Leah turned out to be the one who was buried with him and she’s the mother of Klal Yisrael.

TAPE # 992

בשופטים מסופר על קבר רחל ובשנת 1600 משהו מספר שראה את קבר רחל. אז 2600 שנה אחרי זה משהו ראה קבר שהחשיבו אותו כקבר רחל וזה מהווה ראיה למשהו או לזה שזה אותו דבר??
ואותו אחד שצריך ראיה לכך שרחל ויעקב אכן היו כנכתב בתורה ודאי לא יכול לבנות על זה שבשופטים כתוב משהו (שלא לדבר על זה שבשופטים כפשוטו מדבר על מיקום אחר לקבר כידוע) אז מה הראיה- סתם שלפני 400 שנה משהו קרה למצבה קבר רחל? ככה מוכחים שיש תורה מהשמים???

במחילה, הדברים בטלים והבלים ממש! אני מעתיק כאן לשון המופיע במאמר אחד טובי מומחי העולם בתחום, פרופסור יואל אליצור:
במחקר החדש רווחת הדעה (2), שאכן היה קבר רחל בבנימין, ולא ביהודה, או שהיו שני מקומות שנקראו כך, אחד בבנימין ואחד ביהודה.(3) על יסוד תפיסה זו נעשו ניסיונות לא מעטים למצוא קבר רחל זה שבבנימין (4).

מסורת הדורות אינה מסייעת לשיטה זו. בידינו שפע של מקורות היסטוריים, המכירים את קבר רחל בסמוך לבית לחם, מתארים אותו ואף מציינים את מרחקו המדויק מירושלים ומבית לחם. ידיעות כאלה יש בידינו החל מסוף ימי בית שני (5)ועד ימינו. תקופה עשירה במיוחד בעדויות בעת העתיקה היא המאה הרביעית והחמישית לסה"נ (אוסביוס, המסע מבורדו, הירונימוס, מפת מידבא). העדויות מתקופה זו, שמקצתן ניתנו בתקופת ראשית שלטונה של הנצרות בארץ, מבוססות בוודאי על מסורת עברית (6), והן מציינות גם את המרחק במילים מירושלים ומבית לחם(7).

לעומתם אין בידינו אפילו עדות היסטורית מפורשת אחת מן העת העתיקה או מימי הביניים, שתזכיר את מצבת קבורת רחל בבנימין. אף קדמונינו, תנאים ואמוראים, ובעקבותיהם הפרשנות היהודית בימי הביניים, כל דיוניהם בנושא זה מבוססים על הנחת יסוד, שקבר רחל מצוי ביהודה בקרבת בית לחם (8).

5. ע"פ האוונגליון של מתי ב.

6. על המקור העברי של מסורות אוסביוס ומסע בורדו ראה ע"צ מלמד, תרביץ ג וד, וש' קליין "ספר המסע "Itinerarium Burdigalense, ירושלים תרצ"ד, במבוא.

7. מרחקי הדרך ניתנים ע"י מחברים ונוסעים למן הירונימוס במאה החמישית (במהד' האונומסטיקון שלו: 5 מיל מירושלים). כולם מתאימים בדיוק למקום, שבו אנו מכירים כיום את קבר רחל. מחברים רבים מזכירים גם את מקומו בצמוד לדרך ממערב. ואולם, הבדל של ממש אנו מוצאים בשני מקורות שקדמו להירונימוס - אוסביוס והמסע מבורדו. שני המחברים הללו, שהם הראשונים המתארים את המקום במפורש (זמנם אחד - החצי הראשון של המאה הרביעית) כותבים, שמקום הקבר 4 מיל מירושלים, ו-2 מיל מבית לחם. תיאור זה מביא אותנו לאזור דיר טנטורה - צומת גילה של היום (נ"צ 1265 1695 ), צפונית לקבר רחל. אילו היה מדובר במקור אחד בלבד, היה מקום להניח כאן טעות מעתיקים. אילו נמנה המרחק רק מכיוון אחד, היה אפשר לומר, שהכוונה לסוף המיל הרביעי, קרוב לאבן המיל החמישי. במצב שלפנינו אין אלה פתרונות אפשריים. האם נניח לפי זה, שקבר רחל היה מזוהה בתחילה שם, ונדד אחר כך? קשה להניח כך. התקופה שבין אוסביוס להירונימוס היא קצרה יחסית, תקופה שלא חלו בה תמורות וזעזועים רציניים בארץ; מה טעם יוזז בתקופה זו האתר ממקום חסר-חשיבות אחד למשנהו? הדרך המסתברת לפתור את השאלה היא בהנחה, שיש קשר בין שני החיבורים, או בין שניהם לבין מקור משותף. המקור הראשון ציין, כנראה, את המרחק - המיל הרביעי מירושלים, ונתכוון לסוף המיל הרביעי - ובעל המסע מבורדו הסיק מכאן, שהואיל ובית לחם (לפי אוסביוס, מהד' מלמד, 196) רחוקה 6 מילין מירושלים, הרי קבר רחל רחוק ממנה 2 מיל...

בזו הזדמנות, אתייחס אל שאר דבריך בנוגע לרב מילר זצ"ל: מדובר כידוע בגדול בענקים, איש אשכולות, שכמעט לא קם כמוהו בדורותינו, במספר תחומים. דרכה של תורה היא אמנם לפלפל בקושיות ותירוצים, אבל מורגש אצלך במידה רבה: חוסר ד"א.
שַל נעליך!
נערך לאחרונה על ידי באמונתו ב ג' נובמבר 30, 2021 10:30 pm, נערך 2 פעמים בסך הכל.

תורת המן
הודעות: 501
הצטרף: ו' יוני 01, 2018 8:49 pm
מיקום: טאמס ריווער, נ.דז.

הודעהעל ידי תורת המן » ג' נובמבר 30, 2021 3:51 am

השעיר החיי כתב:מלבד עצם המהלך של למחוק חמש מאות שנה בכרונולוגיה המצרית בתקופה המדוברת שאיננה עומדת במבחן הביקורת (היא גם לא מבוססת על הורדטוס אלא על כתובות וכרונולוגית מצריות) לא זכיתי להבין על מה מדבר הרב מילר. השאלה היא לגבי תאריך חורבן הבית. אני מניח שמדברים על בית ראשון. זה קשור למתי מלך נבוכדנצר מלך בבל מה זה קשור למצרים (ובכל מקרה כבר בתחילת הבית יש לנו בתנך את פלישת מצרים אז גם לשיטתו חזרו לפעילות מלאה)? אולי זה קשור לשאלה הידועה על אורך מלכות פרס אבל שוב מה זה קשור לחמש מאות שנה שהוא מוחק?

עיין בספר של ר"א הול הנק' Pharaoh, ושם פירש באריכות שיטה זו שכרונלגיה המצרית הוסיפה הרבה שנים, ושע"י זה יתורץ הרבה דברים, ובכללם שאלת מלכי פרס, עיין עליו.

הרב השעיר החי(י?). באמת לא ראיתי בכל האשכול שום טענה לענין, רק ניכר שלדעתך יש משהו "לא בסדר" בדברי הגר"א מיללער זצ"ל, וע"כ באת לפקפק על מה שיכולת.

באמונתו
הודעות: 3243
הצטרף: ג' מרץ 03, 2015 6:52 pm

הודעהעל ידי באמונתו » ג' נובמבר 30, 2021 3:58 am

תורת המן כתב:עיין בספר של ר"א הול הנק' Pharaoh, ושם פירש באריכות שיטה זו שכרונלגיה המצרית הוסיפה הרבה שנים, ושע"י זה יתורץ הרבה דברים, ובכללם שאלת מלכי פרס, עיין עליו.

הרב השעיר החי(י?). באמת לא ראיתי בכל האשכול שום טענה לענין, רק ניכר שלדעתך יש משהו "לא בסדר" בדברי הגר"א מיללער זצ"ל, וע"כ באת לפקפק על מה שיכולת.

אני מסכים לגמרי!

צופה_ומביט

הודעהעל ידי צופה_ומביט » ג' נובמבר 30, 2021 7:47 am

איש גלילי כתב:
השעיר החיי כתב:1. הבעיה שהאפיקורסים לא אומרים שהיה גשר יבשה לכל היבשות לפני 4000 שנה..

נדידת היבשות

לפני 4000 שנה?
שינויים כאלה לא קורים בטווח זעיר כזה של זמן [ואכמ"ל].
והטענה של הרב מילר כאן אינה שזה קרה במבול [שנוכל לתלות בו שינויים מפליגים בזמן קצר], אלא שזה קרה באופן טבעי לאחר המבול.

השעיר החיי

הודעהעל ידי השעיר החיי » ג' נובמבר 30, 2021 8:51 am

באמונתו כתב:בשופטים מסופר על קבר רחל ובשנת 1600 משהו מספר שראה את קבר רחל. אז 2600 שנה אחרי זה משהו ראה קבר שהחשיבו אותו כקבר רחל וזה מהווה ראיה למשהו או לזה שזה אותו דבר??

השעיר החיי כתב:במחילה, הדברים בטלים והבלים ממש! אני מעתיק כאן לשון המופיע במאמר אחד טובי מומחי העולם בתחום, פרופסור יואל אליצור:

במחקר החדש רווחת הדעה (2), שאכן היה קבר רחל בבנימין, ולא ביהודה, או שהיו שני מקומות שנקראו כך, אחד בבנימין ואחד ביהודה.(3) על יסוד תפיסה זו נעשו ניסיונות לא מעטים למצוא קבר רחל זה שבבנימין (4).

מסורת הדורות אינה מסייעת לשיטה זו. בידינו שפע של מקורות היסטוריים, המכירים את קבר רחל בסמוך לבית לחם, מתארים אותו ואף מציינים את מרחקו המדויק מירושלים ומבית לחם. ידיעות כאלה יש בידינו החל מסוף ימי בית שני (5)ועד ימינו. תקופה עשירה במיוחד בעדויות בעת העתיקה היא המאה הרביעית והחמישית לסה"נ (אוסביוס, המסע מבורדו, הירונימוס, מפת מידבא). העדויות מתקופה זו, שמקצתן ניתנו בתקופת ראשית שלטונה של הנצרות בארץ, מבוססות בוודאי על מסורת עברית (6), והן מציינות גם את המרחק במילים מירושלים ומבית לחם(7).

לעומתם אין בידינו אפילו עדות היסטורית מפורשת אחת מן העת העתיקה או מימי הביניים, שתזכיר את מצבת קבורת רחל בבנימין. אף קדמונינו, תנאים ואמוראים, ובעקבותיהם הפרשנות היהודית בימי הביניים, כל דיוניהם בנושא זה מבוססים על הנחת יסוד, שקבר רחל מצוי ביהודה בקרבת בית לחם (8).

5. ע"פ האוונגליון של מתי ב.

6. על המקור העברי של מסורות אוסביוס ומסע בורדו ראה ע"צ מלמד, תרביץ ג וד, וש' קליין "ספר המסע "Itinerarium Burdigalense, ירושלים תרצ"ד, במבוא.

7. מרחקי הדרך ניתנים ע"י מחברים ונוסעים למן הירונימוס במאה החמישית (במהד' האונומסטיקון שלו: 5 מיל מירושלים). כולם מתאימים בדיוק למקום, שבו אנו מכירים כיום את קבר רחל. מחברים רבים מזכירים גם את מקומו בצמוד לדרך ממערב. ואולם, הבדל של ממש אנו מוצאים בשני מקורות שקדמו להירונימוס - אוסביוס והמסע מבורדו. שני המחברים הללו, שהם הראשונים המתארים את המקום במפורש (זמנם אחד - החצי הראשון של המאה הרביעית) כותבים, שמקום הקבר 4 מיל מירושלים, ו-2 מיל מבית לחם. תיאור זה מביא אותנו לאזור דיר טנטורה - צומת גילה של היום (נ"צ 1265 1695 ), צפונית לקבר רחל. אילו היה מדובר במקור אחד בלבד, היה מקום להניח כאן טעות מעתיקים. אילו נמנה המרחק רק מכיוון אחד, היה אפשר לומר, שהכוונה לסוף המיל הרביעי, קרוב לאבן המיל החמישי. במצב שלפנינו אין אלה פתרונות אפשריים. האם נניח לפי זה, שקבר רחל היה מזוהה בתחילה שם, ונדד אחר כך? קשה להניח כך. התקופה שבין אוסביוס להירונימוס היא קצרה יחסית, תקופה שלא חלו בה תמורות וזעזועים רציניים בארץ; מה טעם יוזז בתקופה זו האתר ממקום חסר-חשיבות אחד למשנהו? הדרך המסתברת לפתור את השאלה היא בהנחה, שיש קשר בין שני החיבורים, או בין שניהם לבין מקור משותף. המקור הראשון ציין, כנראה, את המרחק - המיל הרביעי מירושלים, ונתכוון לסוף המיל הרביעי - ובעל המסע מבורדו הסיק מכאן, שהואיל ובית לחם (לפי אוסביוס, מהד' מלמד, 196) רחוקה 6 מילין מירושלים, הרי קבר רחל רחוק ממנה 2 מיל... עכ"ל.

בזו הזדמנות אתייחס אל שאר דבריך בנוגע לרב מילר זצ"ל: מדובר כידוע בגדול בענקים, איש אשכולות, שכמעט לא קם כמוהו בדורותינו, במספר תחומים. דרכה של תורה היא אמנם לפלפל בקושיות ותירוצים, אבל מורגש אצלך במידה רבה: חוסר ד"א.
שַל נעליך!

לא הבנתי מה הקשר בין דברי אליצור לדברי. אבל בקיצור בוא נמליץ טוב ונאמר שיש טעות בתמלול והרב מילר אמר משהו כמו המאה החמישית ולא המאה ה 16. זה אכן יפה מאוד ולהבדיל משאר קברי התנאים ואמוראים ובודאי דמויות מהתנך שאין להם כל ביסוס, למערת המכפלה וקבר רחל יש מסורת יהודית עתיקה מאוד. מרגש לעמוד ולהתפלל במקום בו יהודים באים כבר 1500 לשפוך שיח לפי הקב״ה. מכאן ועד ראיה למשה אמת המרחק רב. יש עדיין חור של אלפיים שנה עד לקבורתה ומעל אלף שנה לשופטים. אז המצב הפוך ממה שהרב מציג - אנחנו שמאמינים בתורת משה ויודעים שהיו יעקב ורחל ויודעים שקרה מה שאמור בשופטים יכולים להתרגש שיש רגלים לדבר שאולי קבר רחל הוא במקום המקורי אבל לא להיפך - שיהיה ראיה לתורת משה מזה שנוסע ראה מקום שמזוהה כקבורת רחל בשנת 500.

השעיר החיי

הודעהעל ידי השעיר החיי » ג' נובמבר 30, 2021 8:58 am

I am meeting a nice girl who has yiras Shamayim but she cannot hold a conversation. Should I continue with the shidduch?

A:
I would say you should grab her before somebody else gets her.

A woman came to me. She was fighting with her husband and she told me, “The trouble in my marriage is that there’s no communication between me and my husband.”

I said to her, “There’s too much communication between you and your husband.” That’s why they’re arguing all the time. Stop arguing! Stop with all that communication! Just keep quiet and everything will be alright. Communication is the trouble, not the solution.

A girl who doesn’t make good conversation, if she’s a normal girl – that you have to find out, if she’s a normal girl – the fact that she can’t hold a good conversation? Very good!

TAPE # E-124

צופה_ומביט

הודעהעל ידי צופה_ומביט » ג' נובמבר 30, 2021 9:03 am

השעיר החיי כתב:I am meeting a nice girl who has yiras Shamayim but she cannot hold a conversation. Should I continue with the shidduch?

A:
I would say you should grab her before somebody else gets her.

A woman came to me. She was fighting with her husband and she told me, “The trouble in my marriage is that there’s no communication between me and my husband.”

I said to her, “There’s too much communication between you and your husband.” That’s why they’re arguing all the time. Stop arguing! Stop with all that communication! Just keep quiet and everything will be alright. Communication is the trouble, not the solution.

A girl who doesn’t make good conversation, if she’s a normal girl – that you have to find out, if she’s a normal girl – the fact that she can’t hold a good conversation? Very good!

TAPE # E-124

לכאורה מתואר כאן סוג מסויים של זוגיות, שמתאים לסוג מסויים של אנשים.
[אולי התאים לאותו בחור כפי שהרב הכיר אותו. איני יודע].
דא עקא, שיש הרבה סוגי אנשים והרבה סוגי זוגיות.
אמר לי פעם אחד מהתחום: מספר סוגי הזוגיות הוא כמספר הזוגות.
ואכמ"ל.

דורשי יחודך
הודעות: 1521
הצטרף: ו' אפריל 07, 2017 3:06 pm

הודעהעל ידי דורשי יחודך » ג' נובמבר 30, 2021 10:03 am

צופה_ומביט כתב:לכאורה מתואר כאן סוג מסויים של זוגיות, שמתאים לסוג מסויים של אנשים.
[אולי התאים לאותו בחור כפי שהרב הכיר אותו. איני יודע].
דא עקא, שיש הרבה סוגי אנשים והרבה סוגי זוגיות.
אמר לי פעם אחד מהתחום: מספר סוגי הזוגיות הוא כמספר הזוגות.
ואכמ"ל.

השאילות התקבלו בפתקים אנונומיים מאת הציבור, לא מדובר כאן בשואל ספציצי ידוע.
הרעיון הזה שבני זוג צריכים למעט מאד בתקשורת הוא רעיון שחוזר על עצמו הרבה בספרי הרב מילר זצ"ל.

וכבר אמרו חז"ל ארבע מידות ביושבים לפני החכמים כו' נפה כו'.

בן מיכאל
הודעות: 2265
הצטרף: ד' ינואר 04, 2017 2:19 pm

הודעהעל ידי בן מיכאל » ג' נובמבר 30, 2021 12:27 pm

צופה_ומביט כתב:

הרב מילר טוען, ובצדק גמור, שהמילה המתאימה לאינסטינקט הזה אינה "אהבה". זו פשוט לא המילה לדבר הזה בלשון הקודש. אהבה היא משהו אנושי נעלה, ולמעלה בקודש, והאינסטינקט הנ"ל שמתעורר בגבר שרואה אשה יפה הוא חייתי בהמי כמו שני כלבים שנפגשים ברחוב, כלשון הרב מילר. לזה התורה לעולם ועד לא תקרא "ויאהב". אולי "ויחשוק" וכיו"ב.

מלבד זה, לומר שאצל יעקב אבינו קדוש ה' היו אינסטינקטים כאלה - זה לבד בעיה גדולה.

על אחשורוש אומר הכתוב כי אהב את אסתר.

מכון חכמי ליטא
הודעות: 408
הצטרף: ה' אפריל 06, 2017 11:26 am

הודעהעל ידי מכון חכמי ליטא » ג' נובמבר 30, 2021 12:36 pm

שעירינו היקר,
אולי תגלה לנו מה הבעיה שלך עם הרב אבגידור מילר?

איש גלילי

הודעהעל ידי איש גלילי » ג' נובמבר 30, 2021 1:03 pm

צופה_ומביט כתב:
איש גלילי כתב:

נדידת היבשות

לפני 4000 שנה?
והטענה של הרב מילר כאן אינה שזה קרה במבול [שנוכל לתלות בו שינויים מפליגים בזמן קצר], אלא שזה קרה באופן טבעי לאחר המבול.

ענין מספר השנים הוא ענין נפרד, אפשר להפריד בין הדברים לכתחילה.

השעיר החיי

הודעהעל ידי השעיר החיי » ג' נובמבר 30, 2021 1:06 pm

מכון חכמי ליטא כתב:שעירינו היקר,

מעולם לא ראיתיו ולי ולביתי לא היה שום קשר עמו.
יצא לי לראות מקצת הדברים ועלו תמיהות רבות. אמרתי אשיחה דאגתי ויתבררו ויתלבנו הדברים.

צופה_ומביט

הודעהעל ידי צופה_ומביט » ג' נובמבר 30, 2021 1:14 pm

איש גלילי כתב:
צופה_ומביט כתב:
איש גלילי כתב:

נדידת היבשות

לפני 4000 שנה?

ענין מספר השנים הוא ענין נפרד, אפשר להפריד בין הדברים לכתחילה.

לא מבין כיצד הוא נפרד. כאשר טוענים דבר כזה על לפני 4000 שנה - זה נעשה ענין מאד משמעותי ונוגע לנושא.
תראה מה כתב השעיר החי בהודעתו הראשונה בנושא זה. הוא ציין את מספר השנים 4000 שנה, ולהבנתי זו טענתו. לא על עצם ההיתכנות של נדידת יבשות.

נוריאל עזרא

הודעהעל ידי נוריאל עזרא » ג' נובמבר 30, 2021 1:16 pm

השעיר החיי כתב:
מכון חכמי ליטא כתב:שעירינו היקר,

מעולם לא ראיתיו ולי ולביתי לא היה שום קשר עמו.
יצא לי לראות מקצת הדברים ועלו תמיהות רבות. אמרתי אשיחה דאגתי ויתבררו ויתלבנו הדברים.

הן אמת שבהתחלה הוא התבטא באופן לא מתאים אך הוא קיבל הביקורת וערך הדברים וכעת השאלות נשאלות בלי "הערות ביניים"... וייש"כ לו על זה.
ויש מאמרים שהוא הביא מבלי לומר כלום והשאלה מובנת.
אני לא רואה פסול בלהביא דברי הרב זצ"ל ולדון בהם בכבוד. אדרבא יש לדון כדרכה של תורה בצורה מכובדת.

איש גלילי

הודעהעל ידי איש גלילי » ג' נובמבר 30, 2021 1:27 pm

צופה_ומביט כתב:כאשר טוענים דבר כזה על לפני 4000 שנה - זה נעשה ענין מאד משמעותי ונוגע לנושא.

זה לא קשור לכאן יותר מכל שאר התהליכים שקרו בעולם (חלקם ברורים ולא תאוריות) שלפי החשבון המדעי הפשוט הם מראים על עולם בן מיליוני שנים, שהגישה המקובלת על הרוב היא לפרש שזה קרה במהירות גבוהה יותר ממה שהמדע הרשמי טוען (אין לי בעיה עם פרשנויות אחרות, אבל ר' אביגדור אינו 'מחדש' גדול כאן בנושא זה), ואכמ"ל.

ובמחילה, את הדברים הראשונים שנמחקו באשכול זה לא ראיתי, אבל גם בצורתו כעת אינני רואה כאן כבוד יתר על המדה הראוי לאדם גדול, והכל יוצא מפיו של אחד אשר קורא לעצמו בשם השעיר לעזאזל, ואפילו לכתוב נכון את המילה אינו יודע.
נערך לאחרונה על ידי איש גלילי ב ה' דצמבר 02, 2021 1:43 pm, נערך פעם 1 בסך הכל.

צופה_ומביט

הודעהעל ידי צופה_ומביט » ג' נובמבר 30, 2021 1:37 pm

איש גלילי כתב:
צופה_ומביט כתב:
איש גלילי כתב:כאשר טוענים דבר כזה על לפני 4000 שנה - זה נעשה ענין מאד משמעותי ונוגע לנושא.

זה לא קשור לכאן יותר מכל שאר התהליכים שקרו בעולם (חלקם ברורים ולא תאוריות) שלפי החשבון המדעי הפשוט הם מראים על עולם בן מיליוני שנים, שהגישה המקובלת על הרוב היא לפרש שזה קרה במהירות גבוהה יותר ממה שהמדע הרשמי טוען (אין לי בעיה עם פרשנויות אחרות, אבל ר' אביגדור אינו 'מחדש' גדול כאן בנושא זה), ואכמ"ל.

אין לי אלא לחזור על מה שכתבתי, ואכמ"ל. נישאר חלוקים והבוחר יבחר.

חזור אל “אספקלריא”

מי מחובר

משתמשים הגולשים בפורום זה: אין משתמשים רשומים ו־ 134 אורחים